This policy applies to all information collected or submitted on the Stages.Live app for iPhone, Android, and any other devices and platforms.
HISTORY OF CHANGES
August 10, 2018: First published.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We get a secure, globally unique representation of the currently logged-in iCloud account used in the iOS app that does not reveal your email address or password. This is used to uniquely identify you between devices and only through the Stages.Live app.
If you enable push notifications, we need to store the token your device gives us to send them. We only ever use push notifications to initiate background refreshing and notify you of new articles that pertain to the categories you selected to be notified of. We never use push notifications for marketing.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED BY ANONYMOUS ANALYTICS
Stages.Live iOS app includes limited components of Firebase Analytics to provide crash reporting and basic analytics to help us improve the app. These are aggregate, anonymous statistics, such as the percentage of users who use particular features.
Stages.Live does not share any personal data with Firebase. Other data, such as articles being read or shared, may be shared anonymously for aggregate statistical analysis to further improve the app.
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use the personal data we obtain to:
- Communicate with you
- Provide you with customized services
- Ensure the security and integrity of our Site
- Maintain and promote the Site
- Analyze and learn about how the Site is accessed and used
- Manage our customer and partner relationships
- Enforce our legal terms and policies
- Protect our and others’ interests, rights, and property
- Comply with applicable legal requirements.
We process your personal data pursuant to the following legal bases:
- You have consented to the use of your personal data. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- The processing is necessary for us to provide you with the services and products you request, or to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to process your personal data, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
- We have a legitimate interest in using your personal data. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our Site. This includes implementing and enhancing security measures and protections and protecting against fraud, spam, and abuse.
- To maintain and improve the Site.
- To operate the Site and provide you with certain tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
- To anonymize personal data and subsequently use the anonymized information.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data:
- With our affiliates or business partners when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide services to you or analyze and improve the Site.
- With our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, ship your order, provide loyalty rewards, authorize and process your payments, manage our advertisements on other websites, send marketing and other communications on our behalf, or assist with data storage.
- If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of some or all of our assets.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will store your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the performance of our obligations or to achieve the purposes for which the information was collected, or as may be permitted under applicable law. To determine the appropriate retention period, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the data; the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, at the end of the retention period we will remove personal data from our systems and records or take appropriate steps to properly anonymize it.
PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERS
If we transfer your personal data out of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal data protection, the transfer will be based on one of the following safeguards recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for personal data, where required by EU data protection legislation:
- Contracts approved by the European Commission which impose data protection obligations on the parties to the transfer.
- The EU – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (for transfers to third parties in the United States that have self-certified to the Framework).
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism we have used to transfer your personal data.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The GDPR provides EU data subjects with certain rights regarding their personal data. Subject to certain conditions, you may ask Stages.Live, LLC to take the following actions in relation to your personal data that we hold:
- Provide you with information about our processing of your personal data and give you access to your personal data.
- Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Delete your personal data.
- Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal data to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis for processing of your personal data.
You can submit these requests by email to dpo@Stages.Live or our postal address provided below. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity prior to processing your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal data or our response to your requests regarding your personal data, you may contact us at dpo@Stages.Live or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find information about your data protection regulator here.
We implement a variety of security measures to help keep your information secure.
For instance, all communication with the app and server requires HTTPS, and passwords are not stored: they are hashed using advanced, well-researched methods.
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards designed to help protect personal data from unauthorized disclosure or access and accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration. Although we use reasonable efforts to safeguard personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information obtained through the Site.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
You may access or change your information or delete your account at any time by logging into the app or website.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND CONTENT
Stages.Live App displays links and content from Stages.Live. Stages.Live website has its own independent privacy policies, and we have no responsibility or liability for its content or activities while using the App.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We comply with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
1318 Glourie Drive
Houston, Texas 77055
© 2018 Stages.Live is a Stages.Live, LLC Company
All rights reserved. Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice